Agartala: Tripura on Friday registered the biggest single-day spike of COVID-19, as 275 persons tested positive for the novel coronavirus, taking the total cases to 4,996 so far.
Of the total 7,176 samples tested on Friday, 275 persons found positive for the virus.
A total of 365 persons were also discharged from different COVID Care Centres across the state, with which the number of recovered cases has gone up to 3,327 so far.
Taking to Twitter, chief minister Biplab Kumar Deb wrote, “DISCHARGE UPDATE-Glad to share that 365 COVID19 patients have been discharged from various CCCs & DCH today.
“The figure is highest in one day count so far. I appreciate the efforts of our medical teams & pray for the speedy recovery of all the COVID-19 patients”, he wrote.
With this, the number of active cases now stands at 1,630, with 21 deaths and 18 migrant cases so far.
So far, a total of 1,65,597 samples have been collected, of which 1,64,416 were tested and 4,996 persons found positive for the virus.
Meanwhile, 244 persons are under home quarantine, 3,999 are under different facility quarantine centres.
The positivity rate stands at 2.87%, test per million at 41,129, while the recovery rate stands at 70.70% and mortality rate at 0.44%.
Also Read: Manipur: Demand for appointment of native as chief secy gains momentum
- Fast X review: proof that there’s method in madness of the franchise
- More looted arms recovered in violence-hit Manipur
- Assam: 3F Oil Palm collaborates with state govt for ceremonial plantation
- Naga club vandalism: Angamis urges NSF to withdraw FIR
- 57 arms, 318 ammunition, 5 bombs recovered in strife-torn Manipur
- 15 construction workers killed in vehicle collision in Bangladesh