New Delhi: To celebrate the foundation stone-laying ceremony of Ram Temple in Ayodhya, Hindu temples in North America are set to hold a virtual national prayer, as announced by various religious groups, on August 5.
In a statement on Friday by the Hindu Mandir Executive’s Conference (HMEC) and the Hindu Mandir Priests’, they called for a virtual collective national prayer across America. This is to rejoice the upcoming “Shree Ram Mandir Poojan” at Ayodhya, it said.
Additionally, on this occasion, temples across the US along with Canada and the Caribbean Islands will also be joining to offer a service. The statement said, “On the auspicious occasion, the temples across the US, Canada, and Caribbean Islands will join in offering seva (service) in the Lotus feet of Lord Rama on the eve of the Ram Mandir reconstruction poojan (prayer).”
A collective chanting of the priests in North America will also be held which will be followed by a devotional song. This will be sung by playback singers Sanjeevani Bhelande and Anup Jalota.
To mark the August 5 ceremony in Ayodhya, the Vishwa Hindu Parishad of America will organise prayers when PM Narendra Modi will lay down the foundation stone,
Additionally, during the groundbreaking ceremony of Ram Temple in Ayodhya on August 5, photos of Lord Ram and 3D images of Ram Temple will be displayed across giant billboards at the iconic New York Times Square.
- Mizoram Chief Minister loses elder sister to Covid-19
- Successive Assam govts plied ‘encroachers’ with permanent facilities before evicting them
- BJP is ‘jumla party’, will defeat it across India: Mamata
- Northeast Launchpad: Top participants at the event
- Cricket legend Sunil Gavaskar named brand ambassador for Topcem Cement
- US occupation of Afghanistan prevented Afghan self-determination