Imphal: A 76-year-old man from Chandel district who was declared dead at Catholic Medical Centre (CMC) Hospital, Koirengei in Manipur’s capital Imphal on Thursday night has been reportedly found to be positive for COVID-19.
With this, the total number of deaths due to COVID-19 in Manipur is now six.
As per sources from the government, the patient, a resident of Chakpikarong sub-division in Chandel, was admitted to the medicine department of the hospital on Thursday afternoon with breathing difficulties along with diabetes and hepatitis. He died around 10 pm on the same day, it said.
Also Read: Manipur: 1 more dies of COVID-19 at Thoubal; state tally at 5
His sample was collected on Friday morning and was found positive for the novel coronavirus by late evening. However, as per reports, the deceased had neither travel history nor known positive contacts.
Sources from the hospital informed that intensive contact tracing has been carried out, especially patients being treated at the medicine department from July 30 till date and staff, as a precautionary measure.
However, an official statement from CMC Hospital is awaited.
Also Read: Manipur: 116 including 80 security personnel test COVID-19 positive
- Fast X review: proof that there’s method in madness of the franchise
- More looted arms recovered in violence-hit Manipur
- Assam: 3F Oil Palm collaborates with state govt for ceremonial plantation
- Naga club vandalism: Angamis urges NSF to withdraw FIR
- 57 arms, 318 ammunition, 5 bombs recovered in strife-torn Manipur
- 15 construction workers killed in vehicle collision in Bangladesh