Imphal: 80 security personnel were among the 116 COVID-19 positive cases reported in Manipur on Friday. The highest cases for armed forces tested for the virus in a single day.
Accumulative number of COVID-19 cases in the state stands at 2,621. Out of which 1,689 persons have recovered, and 931 are undergoing treatment at hospitals.
According to additional health director Dr K Sasheekumar Mangang, at least 19 persons with no immediate travel history were found positive for coronavirus.
Among the new cases, 97 are male, and 19 are female, and they were tested positive at VRDLs of RIMS (54) and JNIMS (61) and Babina Diagnostic Center (1).
They belong to the districts of Churachandpur (59), Kakching (24), Thoubal (15), Imphal West (12), Tamenglong (2), Imphal East (1), Kangpokpi (1), Tengnoupal (1) and Senapati (1).
All necessary medical precautionary measures like containment and contact tracing are in place to combat the rapid spread of the pandemic, said Dr Mangang.
Meanwhile, the recovery rate in Manipur has increased to 64.44 per cent with 17 more persons were discharged from various COVID-19 Care Centers after they tested negative in the RT PCR test.
The state has recorded at least five COVID-19 related deaths, which include three from Thoubal and one each from Imphal West and Kangpokpi districts.
In the last 24 hours, a 38-year-old man from Thoubal district died at JNIMS Hospital due to COVID-19. He was also suffering from T2 diabetes mellitus and hypertension.
- Babul Supriyo meets Mamata Banerjee: ‘Had a very good discussion’
- NRC published in August 2019 is final: Assam Foreigners’ Tribunal
- China launches cargo spacecraft to carry supplies to its space station
- Russia: Pro-Kremlin party looks set to retain majority in parliament
- Racism: Jairam Ramesh, Shashi Tharoor slam UK Covid travel rules
- We take allegations of improper actions seriously: Amazon