New Delhi: A 17-year-old teenager from Florida in the US was arrested and charged for being the ‘mastermind’ behind the recent high-profile account hacks on Twitter including those of former US Vice President Joe Biden, Microsoft founder Bill Gates, former US President Barack Obama and SpaceX CEO Elon Musk.
State officials of Florida said that 17-year-old Graham Ivan Clark was the “mastermind” behind the hacks that turned into a huge embarrassment for Twitter and raised questions on the safety and security provided by such tech companies.
According to reports, the Federal authorities were tracking the activities of Clark even before the Twitter hack. In April, the Secret Service found more than $700,000 in bitcoins from his possession. The teenager now faces 30 felony charges and is being charged as an adult.
Twitter accounts of multiple influential personalities were hacked on July 15 in an effort to steal and sell unusual usernames. The hackers posted links to bitcoins on the handles of many celebrities and influential businessmen and raked over $180,000 in bitcoins.
The hackers took over the accounts of many famous personalities and tweeted from 45 accounts. They also accessed internal systems of Twitter by stealing login information from company employees to access the target accounts.
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for October 18
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for October 18
- Mizoram youth disfigures BTS banner, apologises after threat of legal action
- Active COVID-19 cases lowest in 221 days
- Prominent personalities request B’desh PM to act against vandals
- Assam: Elephant found dead in Goalpara