Kohima: Nagaland recorded the biggest single day spike on Friday as 126 persons tested positive for COVID-19.
This is the first time that COVID-19 cases above 100-mark have been detected in the state on a single day.
Out of the 126 new cases, 95 are from Dimapur and 31 cases are from Kohima. The new cases were reported out of 418 samples that were sent for testing.
Minister of health and family welfare S Pangnyu Phom informed that contact tracing has been fully activated for the safety of all.
“Update! Tested 418 samples for COVID-19, out of which 126 cases came out positive. 95 cases in Dimapur & 31 in Kohima. All contact tracing are fully activated for all safety,” the minister tweeted.
Also Read: Dog meat ban in Nagaland: Boon or bane?
With the addition of the new cases, the state’s tally for positive cases hit 1,692. Dimapur continues to lead the tally with the highest number of positive cases.
The total COVID-19 cases reported in Dimapur so far is 703, out of which 530 are current active cases, 167 are recovered cases and six are death cases. However, only four deaths have been confirmed due to COVID-19.
Kohima has reported a total of 474 positive cases, out of which 347 are active cases and 127 are recovered. Kiphire and Longleng are the only districts which are presently free from COVID-19 with no active cases.
The current COVID-19 status is:
Although six deaths have been reported from Dimapur, only four deaths are confirmed as due to COVID-19.
One deceased has been tested positive but death is not due to COVID-19. The cause of death one death is still under investigation.
- SW monsoon withdraws from India, 7th-most delayed retreat since ’75
- IIT-Guwahati working on generating hydrogen from water using sunlight
- Incredible to have Bollywood, dance sequence in Marvel movie: Filmmaker Chloe Zhao
- Two NE women, auto driver injured resisting snatching bid in Delhi
- No shortage of power in country, says power minister R K Singh
- Past and present India cricketers back Shami after pacer faces online abuse