Imphal: A man belonging to Thoubal district becomes the latest COVID-19 patient who died of the disease at Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Medical Sciences (JNIMS) Hospital in Manipur on Friday morning, government sources said.
This is the fifth COVID-19 related deaths being reported in the state and the third from Thoubal district.
According to reports, he was admitted at JNIMS Hospital with complaints of breathing difficulties on July 29. However, his sample was already tested at the private diagnostic center in Imphal and found positive before he was brought to the hospital, sources said.
An official statement from the JNIMS authority is still awaited.
Manipur recorded its first fatality of the coronavirus on July 29 with a 56-year-old man, a resident of Khongjom Sapam from Thoubal district, with a chronic kidney failure history and other multiple health complications.
He was declared dead while undergoing treatment at Regional Institute of Medical Sciences (RIMS) Hospital in Imphal.
On Thursday, three male patients, aged 48, 47 and 60 respectively, from Leimakhong of Kangpokpi district, Langol of Imphal West and Moijing of Thoubal district were declared dead at RIMS and JNIMS due to co-morbid health conditions and COVID-19.
This is the highest spike of COVID-19 related fatality in a single day.
- US occupation of Afghanistan prevented Afghan self-determination
- Nagaland Lottery September 27: Check Dear Ganga Morning lottery result
- Manipur: Ima Keithel re-opens after five months, tributes paid to those lost to Covid-19
- UAE-based Assamese businessman donates 2 ALS ambulances to AMC
- WWE Extreme Rules 2021: Roman Reigns’ reign continues
- Sikkim eases COVID-19 restrictions for tourists