Guwahati: Assam floods continue to wreak havoc in the state, as one person from Kokrajhar district died on Friday, taking the state death tally to 109.
Meanwhile, In Kaziranga National Park, so far 145 animals have died due to floods, and 169 animals rescued, as reported by the DFO Eastern Assam Wildlife division.
According to the latest update by Assam State Disaster Management Authority (ASDMA), 10,82,504 people in 21 districts remain affected by floods. Goalpara is the worst hit with 340,515 people affected.
Total 26,1611 people hit by floods are in 116 relief camps across the state. Forty-eight boats have been deployed in the last 24 hours and evacuated 193 people.
- Mizoram’s lone dedicated COVID hospital facing severe staff shortage
- Khanapara Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for September 20
- Watch: 5-yr-old ‘spider girl’ climbs up ceiling, does air-splits
- Shillong Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for September 20
- Oppo A16 with MediaTek Helio G35 SoC unveiled in India: Details here
- Babul Supriyo meets Mamata Banerjee: ‘Had a very good discussion’