Mumbai: Deceased actor Sushant Singh Rajput’s girlfriend, actor Rhea Chakraborty, has hired Satish Maneshinde, one of the most expensive and high-profile lawyers in the country, to defend her in the case filed by Rajput’s father KK Singh, accusing her of abetment to suicide, wrongful confinement and blackmail, among others.
The FIR was filed in Patna. Chakraborty approached the Supreme Court to seek the transfer of investigation to Mumbai.
Advocate Maneshinde has in the past handled the cases of actor Salman Khan in the 1998 blackbuck poaching case and Sanjay Dutt in 1993 Mumbai blast case.
According to reports, he charges a hefty amount of Rs 10 lakh per day, when presenting someone. Maneshinde is also appointed as the special public prosecutor in the Palghar lynching case where two Sadhus were lynched by a mob.
Rajput (34) died by suicide at his Bandra residence in Mumbai last month. Following his death, there has been considerable debate on social media about mental health and nepotism in the industry. Several big names have been summoned by Mumbai Police regarding the actor’s death, including filmmaker Sanjay Leela Bhansali, Mahesh Bhatt, and Aditya Chopra. Karan Johar will also be called in for questioning later this week.
- Two NE women, auto driver injured resisting snatching bid in Delhi
- No shortage of power in country, says power minister R K Singh
- Past and present India cricketers back Shami after pacer faces online abuse
- Assam lockdown? CM Himanta allays fear, says Covid cases under control
- Arunachal CM on tour of border district, meets soldiers at Yangtse post
- Watch: This unique protest against price hike is raising eyebrows