Imphal: Another 60-year-old man from Thoubal district, who was tested positive for COVID-19, has been reported dead at Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Medical Sciences (JNIMS) Hospital in Imphal on Thursday, the third death due to the virus in less than 24 hours in Manipur.
The deceased, a resident of Moijing, was brought to JNIMS on Thursday with difficulties in breathing and loose motion at the casualty department. His sample was conducted COVID-19 testing at VRDL of JNIMS and diagnosed with positive case.
However, as per the official statement issued by additional health director Dr K Sasheekumar Mangang, the patient later succumbed to the disease around 4:55 pm.
Earlier in the day, two more patients at RIMS Hospital, a 48-year-old man from Leimakhong of Kangpokpi and a 47-year-old male patient from Langol area of Imphal West, were declared dead due to co-morbid health conditions and COVID-19.
The total cumulative number of COVID-19 related deaths in Manipur is now four.
Meanwhile, 47 more fresh cases of the coronavirus have been reported in the last 24 hours in Manipur, taking the total number of confirmed cases to 2,505.
The total number of active cases is 829 and recovered persons is 1,672 so far.
The fresh cases were reported from districts of Imphal East (14), Imphal West (13), Senapati (10), Churachandpur (5), Kangpokpi (2) and Tengnoupal (1).
Also, 19 more persons recovered and were discharged from JNIMS (4), COVID-19 Care Centers of Meitram (2), Ukhrul (3), Kakching (2), Kamjong (1) and RD Wing Lamphel (7).
The recovery rate in the state has increased to 66.90%.
- Modi calls for SCO template to fight radicalisation, extremism
- IT dept widens probe against actor Sonu Sood; search multiple premises
- Meghalaya yet to decide on oil palm cultivation: Forest minister
- Shenzhou-12 astronauts back on Earth after China’s longest space mission
- Khanapara Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for September 17
- Need to increase mineral exploration in eastern states, says Centre