Imphal: Troops of Assam Rifles under the aegis of HQ IGAR (south) recently arrested four active members of Kanglei Yawol Kanna Lup (KYKL) and the People’s Revolutionary Party of Kangleipak (PREPAK) in Kamjong district of Manipur, said reports.
Both KYKL and PREPAK are Valley-based armed insurgent groups operating in the state.
On July 27, based on specific information about the presence of outfits in the area, the security forces carried out an operation near Kasong village. During the operation, at least three rebels belonging to KYKL and one to PREPAK were arrested.
As per an official statement, the arrested rebels have been handed over to Kasom Police Station in Kamjong district for further investigation and to find out any illegal activities carried out in the area.
Meanwhile, in another operation, the security forces recovered huge contraband items which were meant for smuggling worth Rs 36 lakh in Tengnoupal district.
On Thursday, the troops received an input pertaining to smuggling of contraband items, to which a team of Assam Rifles carried out the search operation along the Sita-Samukong road. During a thorough search, the troops recovered 24 cartons of foreign cigarettes under a road culvert.
The recovered items have been handed over to the Customs Department of Pallel, reports said.
- COVID-19 linked with higher risk of type 1 diabetes in young people: Study
- Sri Lankan govt designates high-security zones for ensuring stability: official
- Termites love global warming – the pace of their wood munching gets significantly faster in hotter weather
- Rajiv Gandhi assassination case: SC notice to Centre, TN on Nalini’s plea seeking premature release
- Restoring the ability to swallow using brain-machine interfaces
- New COVID-like virus found in bats could infect humans, resist vaccines: Study