Imphal: At least three personnel of Assam Rifles were reportedly martyred and five others injured in an ambush by suspected militants in Manipur’s Chandel district on Wednesday night, confirmed sources in Assam Rifles.
The martyred jawans have been identified as Pranay Kalita from Assam, Ratan Salam from Manipur and Methna Konyak from Nagaland of 4 Assam Rifles.
As per the sources, the incident happened around 6:30 pm at Khongtal village under Chakpikarong police station along the Myanmar border in Chandel district.
However, no organisations or militant groups have officially claimed responsibility for the attack till the time of filing this report.
Security forces suspect the role of the Valley-based People’s Liberation Army (PLA) behind the attack.
- Sikkim logs 40 new COVID-19 cases, 1 fresh fatality
- Fixed-wing flight services to remote towns of Arunachal Pradesh
- PM urges people to ensure no one is left out of vaccination’s ‘circle of safety’
- Sikkim districts to undergo nomenclature change: CM Golay
- How this social entrepreneur is championing love for voiceless animals
- Assam: 5 of 6 accused deny charges of instigating Gorukhuti violence