Shillong: With over 30 containment zones declared in different localities of Shillong, the Meghalaya government informed that they will continue to remain so depending on the recommendation of the health department.
Deputy chief minister Prestone Tysong said that the the containment zones declared will remain since the health department is carrying out a detailed contact tracing. Only after the health department’s recommendation will they lift the localities declared as containment zone.
Director of Health Services Dr Aman Warr said, “The contact tracing is still going on and with the three days’ lockdown it has helped us a lot but in the meantime the contact tracing done in a few of the zones have all come out negative and we are withdrawing. While in some localities contact tracing is still left so those localities will remain as containment zones for a while.”
Tynsong added, “We would like to see that we lift the containment zones as much faster as possible therefore the health workers team are fully on the ground for contact tracing and once that is completed and report is negative then containment zone can be lifted.”
So far, a total of 1,180 high risk contacts have been traced.
The government had reimposed total lockdown in Shillong agglomeration after there was a sudden spike of COVID-19 cases in East Khasi Hills District. The health department had to carry out contact tracing of people who had been in touch with persons tested positive for the virus.
Dr Warr had earlier mentioned that the process of contact tracing will not be easy and will be time-consuming.
- Naga Students’ Federation condemn Athuan Abonmai’s murder
- Nagaland gets first child-friendly court at Wokha
- What’s all the hype around Garena Free Fire Max about?
- Yemeni officials: Clashes over key city kill 130 fighters
- Top Assam Maoist Tingraj Orang surrenders
- Centre extends nationwide COVID-19 containment measures till Oct 31