Agartala: Tripura on Tuesday reported four COVID-19 related deaths taking the states tally to 21. The total confirmed cases has further spiked to 4,287.
All four deaths were reported at Agartala Government Medical College. In the last 72 hours the state has reported 10 deaths including four fresh deaths on Tuesday.
Taking to twitter chief minister Biplab Kumar Deb, “Alert~ 222 People found COVID-19 POSITIVE out of 6196 samples tested.
District wise count includes
West – 76
Sepahijala – 26
Gomati – 39
Khowai – 21
North – 22
Unakoti – 5
Dhalai – 12
South – 21
Unfortunately 4 COVID-19 POSITIVE patients died today”.
Presently 218 persons are in facility quarantined, and 3,882 are in-home quarantine. A total of 1, 48,877 samples have been collected and tested.
So far 4,287 persons have tested positive with the virus, while 2, 621 persons discharged after they recovered from the infection, with 21 deaths and 1,627 active cases so far and 142 patients today released from the COVID care centre.
The positivity rate stands at 2.83 per cent, test per million at 35,889, while the recovery rate stands at 64.44 per cent and mortality rate at 2.49 per cent. The state presently has 166 containment zones.
Meanwhile, a cabinet meeting to discuss further extension of lockdown was also held on Tuesday at Agartala civil secretariat.
Speaking with reporters, Law minister Ratan Lal Nath as per the medical experts they have advised us to extend the lockdown period but we have not taken any decision.
“On the Second day of door to door COVID-19 survey, the medical staff covered a total of 2,28,933 households of which 5,127 reported symptoms and 3,416 were tested of which 106 tested positive for the virus”, Nath added.
- SC to consider listing Bilkis Bano’s plea against remission, release of 2002 rape, murder convicts
- Festivals like Manipur’s Sangai enrich country’s cultural heritage: PM
- Assam: Himanta distributes scooters to meritorious students
- Congress prez Kharge hits out at Modi govt for stopping scholarships for minority students
- Mukroh Firing: Meghalaya BJP prez meets Assam officer attacked in Shillong
- BSF-BGB regional meeting in Tripura from Dec 7 to discuss border issue