Guwahati: Dil Bechara, Sushant Singh Rajput’s last film was released posthumously on Disney+Hotstar on July 24. The OTT platform registered record-breaking viewership numbers for the premiere which was a known subject. However, an independent tracking firm suggests that in the first 24 hours of its release, the film was watched by over 95 million viewers.
Considering that the average ticket cost in India is Rs 108 and the fact that the reports state that the movie got 95 million views, hence, in a way had the film been released on the big screens, it would have made a whopping of Rs 1000 crore (rounded-off figure) on its first day.
A representative of the firm, Ormax Media (viewership tracking and consulting firm) stated in a leading daily that the figures are just an estimate. However, on that basis alone they can confirm that Mukesh Chhabra’s directorial debut got a massive opening. Additionally, if a comparative analysis of the viewership is to be done, the representative stated that the numbers are comparable to the figures of massively popular series Game of Thrones.
Recently, even its trailer of the movie crossed Hollywood action blockbusters of the likes of Avengers: Infinity War and Avengers: Endgame. Based on the bestselling novel “The Fault in Our Stars” by author John Green, Dil Bechara is a story of Kizie and Manny, two ordinary people with an extraordinary love story. Both have a tragic twist to their lives. The characters embark on a bittersweet journey into the heart of that crazy little thing called ‘life.’
- Indo-Nepal joint military training exercise in Pithoragarh from Monday
- 2 Indian projects among 15 finalists for Prince William’s Earthshot Prize
- Gadkari gets Rs 4 lakh royalty per month from YouTube for lecture videos
- NIA arrests key conspirator in Manipur Rifles arms theft case
- Central govt very keen towards welfare of Kashmiri migrants: Sonowal
- The Wire receives IPI’s Free Media Pioneer Award