Kohima: Nagaland reported the second biggest single day spike in the number of COVID-19 positive cases as 75 persons tested positive on Tuesday. The addition of the new cases has taken the state’s toll to 1,460.
The fresh cases were declared as positive out of 450 test results that were received. Wokha district, which became COVID-free on Monday after the lone patient recovered, also reported seven new cases on Tuesday.
Altogether 51 new cases from Kohima, 10 from Phek, three each from Mon and Dimapur, one from Tuensang were also reported. Dimapur district continues to lead the tally with 549 cases of which 167 are recovered and five are dead.
With the addition of 51 new cases, the state’s capital Kohima nears 500-mark as the district tally hits 408 of which 123 are recovered. Phek’s tally reached 28 of which 14 are recovered. Mon district’s total soared to 143 out of which eight are recovered.
The addition of the new case in Tuensang increased the district’s tally to 46 out of which 38 are recovered.
“75 new cases of COVID-19 have been detected out of 450 test results received. 51 in Kohima, 10 in Phek, 7 in Wokha, 3 each in Mon & Dimapur & 1 in Tuensang,” Minister of health and family welfare S Pangnyu Phom tweeted.
The current COVID-19 status in the state is:
*All five deaths are reported from Dimapur and is yet to be established as due to COVID-19. Out of the five deaths, two were reported from Dimapur District Hospital, and one each from Dimapur Paid Quarantine center, Dimapur Nikos Hospital and Medzhiphema CHC in Dimapur.
- Mahaparinirvan Diwas 2021: President, PM pay tribute to Dr BR Ambedkar
- MNF MLA among 92 new COVID-19 patients in Mizoram, 2 more deaths
- Sikkim to Singapore to Simmons: Naresh Agarwal co-authors book on 25 inspiring journeys
- BTS’ Vacation: Boys to spend the holidays with family and friends
- Myanmar court sentences ousted leader Suu Kyi to 4 years
- Manipur: 6 hrs shutdown in Ukhrul, Senapati districts over Nagaland incident