Imphal: In a significant political development, the opposition Congress party filed a no-confidence motion against the BJP-led government in Manipur on Tuesday. The motion is likely to be tabled during the one-day Assembly session scheduled on August 10.
Congress MLA and spokesperson Keisham Meghachandra and MLA Lokeshwar Thokchom submitted the notice to the Speaker Yumnam Khemchand in the Assembly.
Speaking to media persons, opposition party leader Keisham Meghachandra said that Congress has already demanded the state government transfer the Lukhosei Zou drug case to the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) but till now, it is not done.
Also Read: Manipur CM calls on BJP leaders, including Amit Shah, in Delhi
Meghachandra further alleged that the ruling government is interfering with court proceedings in the Zhou drug case.
Former chief minister and CLP leader O Ibobi Singh is the leader of the Opposition. Congress is the single largest party in the House, claimed party spokesperson Ningombam Bupenda Meitei.
- Canine experts seek end to practice of using police dogs for VIP events
- How to get free spins at European Casino
- BJP destroyed railways by stopping practice of separate budget: Mamata
- All you need to know about getting free spins on card registration
- Sikkim lists ‘pharma-related’ products as part of One District One Product
- NEDA convener Himanta Biswa Sarma to visit violence-hit Manipur