Guwahati: The Union ministry of development of north eastern region (DoNER) has assured the government of Assam to offer all possible help to restore and repair infrastructure damaged in floods due to incessant rains in the state.
Interacting with Assam chief minister Sarbananda Sonowal, DoNER minister Jitendra Singh said that the North Eastern Council (NEC) will extend all possible help required.
The Union minister has offered the Assam chief minister whatever possible assistance needed from his ministry for the rain and flood damage in the state.
The DoNER ministry will also coordinate financial and other help from other agencies of the government and from other sources, he said, adding that the well-being of the people of the Northeast is top priority of the Modi government.
Earlier, Prime Minister Narendra Modi also took stock of the flood, erosion, COVID-19 and Baghjan OIL fire situation of the state.
During a telephonic conversation with Assam chief minister Sarbananda Sonowal, Prime Minister Modi also expressed solidarity with the people of Assam during these difficult times.
The Prime Minister said that the Central government was keeping a close watch on flood, erosion, COVID-19 and Baghjan fire situation in the State and had been standing closely with the people of Assam during these difficult times. He also assured all help and cooperation from the Central government in managing these challenges.
- What do people think about when they go to sleep?
- Mizoram: 3 arrested in Champhai for posing as intelligence officials
- Arunachal: Active NSCN-K cadre surrenders in Changlang
- Tripura CM urges students to be watchful allies of the police
- Brutal assault on Naga woman in Ahmedabad spa sparks outrage
- Bloom Bazaar: Nagaland’s fresh initiative to boost floriculture