Guwahati: Blues rock guitarist and Fleetwood Mac co-founder Peter Green passed away at 73.
According to reports, law firm representing Green’s family said that he died in his sleep on Saturday.
“A further statement will be provided in the coming days,” it added.
Born in 1946, Green was inducted in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1998. The British singer-song writer formed Fleetwood Mac with drummer Mick Fleetwood in 1967.
They came together after Green’s stint filling in for Eric Clapton. Green and Fleetwood then convinced John McVie to join the band as bass guitarist, by naming the band Fleetwood Mac.
Popularly known Peter Green’s Fleetwood Mac, the band released its debut album in 1968. However, he left the band two years later, in 1970, owing to his struggle with mental health issues. subsequently, he was diagnosed with Schizophrenia.
- Nagaland Lottery September 18: Check Dear Kosai Morning lottery result
- World Bamboo Day: Assam and its bond with this versatile plant
- US court sets aside proposed Trump-era rule on H-1B visa selection
- Assam: Two militants of newly formed outfit killed in Kokrajhar
- Achieved all, never overstay welcome: Shastri gears up for end of tenure
- RN Ravi sworn-in as Governor of Tamil Nadu