Kokrajhar: Although all factions of the NDFB have come to the mainstream through the Bodoland Territorial Region Accord signed on January 27 this year, some miscreants tried to create chaos by planning to kidnap a person from Tipkai Bazar in Assam’s Kokrajhar district. The local police administration, however, swung into action and apprehended two persons on Saturday.
According to Kokrajhar SP Rakesh Roushan, based on a source input regarding the attempt by unknown miscreants to kidnap someone from Tipkai area under Bogribari police station, a trap was laid by deputy SP (HQ), OC Bogribari, in-charge Tipkai and staff in and around Tipkai market area. Police personnel in plainclothes were placed in and around the market area on Saturday.
Around 7.30 pm, two suspected individuals on a bike were seen roaming in the market. Police personnel deployed there stopped them and apprehended them. After a thorough search, one factory made 7.65 mm pistol with one magazine and one live bullet were recovered from their possession.
They have been identified as Mahanta Narzary (23) of Chirang and Rijoy Swargiary (20) of Udalguri. Both were former members of the Dhiren Boro group of NDFB (P) and stay in Chirang district.
Interrogation is underway.
- India’s budget will be ray of hope for world: PM Modi
- Northeast India weather: Winter chill to give way to warmer days
- Guaranteed win: Ex-Tripura MLA’s family is contesting from 3 parties
- Nagaland 2023: Ceasefire board bans NSCN groups from carrying arms
- Death toll rises to 90 in Pakistan mosque suicide bombing
- Leprosy prevalence rate down to 0.45 per 10k population in 2021-22: Minister