Kohima: The Kohima police registered a case of unnatural death after a Nagaland Police jawan was found shot dead at the Inter State Police Wireless (ISPW) station near the civil secretariat in Kohima.
Police sources told EastMojo that the jawan, identified as Aporomong Ao (48), is a constable at the 4th Nagaland Armed Police (NAP) Battalion who is a permanent resident of Sangratsu village in Mokokchung district.
The incident reportedly occurred around 2:45 am on Saturday. All necessary formalities have been observed and the body of the deceased has been handed to the family, informed the sources.
The case is currently under investigation and the cause of death is unknown. In viral pictures that circulated online, the deceased is seen lying above a service rifle.
The unnatural death, as defined under section 174 of the Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973, is that a person has committed suicide, or has been killed by another, or has been killed by an animal, or by a machinery, or an accident, or the person has died under circumstances raising a reasonable suspicion that some other person has committed an offence.
- Covid pandemic led to biggest fall in life expectancy since WWII: study
- IPL: Struggling Mumbai Indians face inconsistent Punjab Kings
- Modi launches Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for September 27
- NASA: 9 million images, 5 decades of research and the Landsat legacy
- India thanks New York authorities for returning over 150 antiquities