Imphal: At least 11 security personnel were among the 31 new cases found positive for COVID-19 in Manipur on Friday. The 11 personnel belong to the 37 Assam Rifles Garrison at Kadambala in Jiribam district, the second such case from the forces in the district.
Earlier, a total of 17 security personnel from the garrison also tested positive for COVID-19.
The total confirmed cases in the state now stand at 2,146, of which 655 are active and 1,491 have recovered till date.
The new cases belong to the districts of Imphal West (11), Jiribam (11), Thoubal (5), Ukhrul (2), Churachandpur (1) and Imphal East (1).
According to additional health director Dr K Sasheekumar Mangang, six individuals, four from Thoubal and two from Imphal West working at RIMS Hospital, are cases without significant outside travel history.
The two persons tested positive at RIMS is an IRB guard of medical superintendent and one CT scan technician, it said.
They are being shifted to the COVID-19 Care Facilities for further observation.
Meanwhile, in the past 24 hours, another 31 persons recovered from COVID Care Centres (CCC). They were discharged from CCC of Meitram of Imphal West (2), Senapati (5), RD Wing Lamphel (5) and Thoubal (2) and four from COVID-19 Care Facilities of RIMS and 13 from JNIMS, respectively.
The current recovery rate stands at 69.47%.
- BTS and Coldplay release highly-anticipated track ‘My Universe’
- Tripura: Two BSF jawans killed, one injured following scuffle
- Biden to host Indo-Pacific leaders as China concerns grow
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for September 24
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for September 24
- Congress issues show-cause notice to 212 workers in Assam