New Delhi: A formal government sanction letter was issued by the Ministry of Defence for grant of Permanent Commission (PC) to women officers in the Indian Army, marking it as a significant step to empower women to shoulder bigger roles in the military.
The order states granting of PC to women officers of Short Service Commission (SSC) in all the streams of the Indian Army. The streams include Army Air Defence (AAD), Signals, Engineers, Army Aviation, Electronics and Mechanical Engineers (EME), Army Service Corps (ASC), Army Ordnance Corps (AOC), and Intelligence Corps along with Judge and Advocate General (JAG) and Army Educational Corps (AEC).
After the sanction, Army Headquarters has initiated a series of preparayoty actions for conducting of Permanent Commission Selection Board for affected women officers.
The Indian Army has been committing to provide equal opportunities to both men and women officers to serve the nation. However, there are no women in combat roles yet especially in infantry, Armoured Arty and Mechanised Formation of the Indian Army.
- 5 mistakes brands should avoid while finding influencers
- Omicron in Assam? Samples of 4 SMCH doctors sent for genome sequencing
- Money Heist: Part 5 – Vol 2- abysmal, morally bankrupt
- Nagaland firing: Mamata tells cops to watch BSF activities in Bengal
- Rohingya sue Facebook for USD 150B, alleging role in violence
- ‘House of Gucci’ review: cinematic extravaganza about iconic fashion house