New Delhi: Popular YouTuber Ajay Negar aka ‘CarryMinati’ raised over Rs 11 lakh for Assam and Bihar floods, through a live stream on Facebook. Of this, he raised Rs 10,31,137, and added Rs 1 lakh from his own pocket.
The internet sensation organised a charity live stream from 7 pm on Sunday, where he played games like Ghost Of Tsushima, Pacify and PUBG with the highest concurrent viewers pegged at 90,000.
Thanking all the donors, Minati said, “Thank you each one of you who supported this noble cause and helped in gathering INR 10,31,137 for Assam & Bihar on the charity stream today. I will be adding INR 1,00,000 to this amount. I am proud of you all.”
The amount raised will be donated in equal proportions to Assam and Bihar Chief Minister Relief Funds.
Apart from Minati, Ashish Chanchlani, another YouTuber, had also taken the initiative and donated Rs 1 lakh each towards Assam and Bihar CM Relief Funds.
- 59 years after ’62 war: Tawang thrives despite tension at China border
- Manipur: Drugs worth Rs 5 crore seized in Tengnoupal, 3 arrested
- Arunachal women conferred with ‘Inspiring Woman Award’
- Nagaland Lottery December 7: Check Dear Teesta Morning lottery result
- Mon killing: Nagaland government calls off Hornbill festival
- Nagaland incident: Genocide on pretext of mistaken identity, says NEFIP