Agartala: Breaking all the previous records, Tripura on Tuesday reported 254 new COVID-19 cases, with one more COVID-19-related death, taking the state’s tally to 3,345 so far.
Of the total 5,185 samples tested on Tuesday, 254 persons tested positive for the coronavirus.
With this, the number of active cases now stands at 1,397. While 1,926 patients have recovered, eight persons have succumbed to the virus so far.
Taking to Twitter, chief minister Biplab Kumar Deb wrote, “Alert~254 People found COVID-19 POSITIVE out of 5185 samples tested.
Unfortunately, 1 COVID19 POSITIVE patient died today.
Also, 81 COVID-19 patients have been discharged today from various District CCCs after their test results came NEGATIVE.”
Among the COVID-19 positive cases, 22 were flight passengers, 21 were in contact of COVID-19 patients, three from containment zones, 25 were symptomatic, 18 travellers and 165 detected positive in antigen test.
“District wise count includes: West-65, North-48, Gomati-36, Dhalai-33, South- 29, Sepahijala-28, Khowai-12, Unakoti-3. Requesting everyone to stay cautious & follow the Govt guidelines. #TripuraCOVID19Count,” he wrote.
- Assam NCC cadet clears SSB, to join IAF as flying officer
- Are you wearing the right mask to prevent contracting Covid-19?
- Manipur tribal leader’s murder: Video shows abduction in police presence; 14 cops suspended
- Arunachal: Single-day recoveries outnumber fresh COVID-19 cases
- BTS and Coldplay release highly-anticipated track ‘My Universe’
- Tripura: Two BSF jawans killed, one injured following scuffle