Guwahati: Although the Assam government had announced ‘Unlock 1.0’ as part of easing lockdown restrictions in Kamrup (Metro) district, in which Guwahati falls, residents of the city seemed to have taken it a bit too lightly.
As per a notification issued by chief secretary Kumar Sanjay Krishna, all shops and business establishments have been allowed to operate on one side of any street on any given day and the opposite side on alternate days between Monday and Friday from 7 am to 5 pm.
Additionally, shopkeepers have been allowed to operate with only 50% of employees. Also, all the shopkeepers and customers have been asked to follow all the COVID-19 norms including wearing masks and practising social distancing.
The ground reality, however, is on a totally different dimension as the photos below will show:
- Sikkim logs 40 new COVID-19 cases, 1 fresh fatality
- Fixed-wing flight services to remote towns of Arunachal Pradesh
- PM urges people to ensure no one is left out of vaccination’s ‘circle of safety’
- Sikkim districts to undergo nomenclature change: CM Golay
- How this social entrepreneur is championing love for voiceless animals
- Assam: 5 of 6 accused deny charges of instigating Gorukhuti violence