Agartala: COVID-19 related deaths in Tripura has raised to seven with two more succumbing due to the virus in state.
Speaking with EastMojo, an official from the health department informed that both the deceased were female patients.
The first death was of a 80-year-old from Melaghar in Sepahijala district.
“The patient was referred from Gomati district hospital on Sunday and upon her arrival she was tested for COVID-19, which came positive. On Monday she died due to other comorbidity”, the official said.
The second patients had suffered a stroke and had high diabetes.
Tripura registered its first COVID-19 death on June 9, second on June 11, third on July 15, two cases on July 18 and on Monday two fresh cases. Of the total, four were male patients, three were female. All of them were admitted in Govind Ballabh Pant Hospital or (AGMC) COVID-19 hospital.
Meanwhile, chief minister Biplab Kumar Deb wrote, “People found COVID-19 POSITIVE out of 4747 samples tested.
25 flight passengers 3 were in contact of COVID-19 POSITIVE
2 HCW 2 No history 3 from Containment zone 6 were symptomatic 161 detected POSITIVE in Antigen Test
Among the total 202 COVID-19 POSITIVE, 19 are BSF personnel”.
“District wise count includes, West 83 Gomati – 40 Sepahijala – 27 Dhalai – 19, North 16, South – 9, Unakoti-6, Khowai-2”.
A total of 86 persons were also released from from different COVID care centres after they tested negative for the virus on Monday.
With this the confirmed cases in state stands at 3,093 cases, of which 1,227 are active, while1,845 have recovered.
- A successful COP26 is essential for Earth’s future. What needs to go right?
- SW monsoon withdraws from India, 7th-most delayed retreat since ’75
- IIT-Guwahati working on generating hydrogen from water using sunlight
- Incredible to have Bollywood, dance sequence in Marvel movie: Filmmaker Chloe Zhao
- Two NE women, auto driver injured resisting snatching bid in Delhi
- No shortage of power in country, says power minister R K Singh