New Delhi: On Tuesday, CBI quizzed Congress MLA Krishna Poonia and Deva Ram Saini, the OSD to Rajasthan chief minister Ashok Gehlot, in connection with the alleged death by suicide of a police officer in May.
Saini, OSD to CM Gehlot was called to the probe agency’s office in Jaipur where he was questioned for over two hours; while Poonia was quizzed for about two and a half hours at her residence.
A team of CBI’s special crime unit from Delhi is in Jaipur to record statements as part of investigation into Rajgarh Station House Officer (SHO) Vishnudutt Vishnoi’s death, who ended his life in his official residence in Churu district, said reports.
This probe comes at a time when Rajasthan is in the midst of a high profile political drama. Deputy chief minister Sachin Pilot has revolted against Gehlot, following which he was sacked from the post, as as the congress chief of Rajasthan.
BJP and the Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) have alleged that Poonia was putting pressure on Vishnoi, which triggered his drastic move, a charge which was denied by the Sadulpur MLA.
- What you need to know before taking vitamins and supplements
- Govt blocks 232 foreign apps, including Chinese for gambling, money laundering
- ChatGPT is great. You’re just using it wrong
- British PM Rishi Sunak joined UK-India NSA meeting
- Govt hikes windfall tax on crude oil, export of diesel, ATF
- India ranks third in world ‘start-up’ ecosystem: Union minister