Agartala: Tripura on Friday reported 118 more COVID-19 positive cases taking the states tally to 2,456.
Of the total 4510 samples tested on Friday, 118 persons tested positive for the virus. With this the active case now stands 796, with 1,684 recovered cases.
Taking to twitter, chief minister Biplab Kumar Deb wrote, “Out of 4510 samples tested for COVID-19, 118 people found #POSITIVE.
17 were flight passengers.
4 were in contact of positive & symptomatic patients.
97 detected POSITIVE in Antigen Test.
Requesting everyone to stay cautious and follow the Government guidelines”.
Earlier, in a press conference education minister Ratan Lal Nath said the state is all set to lead other states in terms of tests per million in the next 15 days.
So far the state government has tested a total of 99,767 samples, of which 90,683 were tested through RT-PCR machines and 6,789 through antigen testing kits.
“Tripura has collected 99,767 samples out of which 97,427 samples have been tested. The positivity rate stands at 2.44 percent and the test per million rate at 24,382 samples per million, while the recovery rate stands at 71.17 percent”, Nath said.
He also said that the number of containment zones has further increased to 69 with the number of persons testing positive for the virus.
Speaking further he said that the state cabinet had a discussion on considering plasma therapy in the state. However the present situation and state’s infrastructure do not permit to start the process in the state.
- Encounter between NSCN Unification and Niki Sumi groups; 1 dead
- Assam: Rounak Ali Hazarika to be grilled in disproportionate asset case
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for October 18
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for October 18
- Mizoram youth disfigures BTS banner, apologises after threat of legal action
- Active COVID-19 cases lowest in 221 days