Imphal: Manipur ADGP (law & order) Arvind Kumar reportedly shot himself at the state police headquarters on Saturday. He is seriously injured and has been rushed to Raj Medicty in Imphal.
The news has been confirmed by Imphal West SP K Meghachandra Singh, who is also present in the hospital at the moment.
Kumar is a 1992-batch IPS officer of Manipur cadre. Previously he was with IB as Joint Director.
The reason of the drastic step is not yet known.
This is a developing story. It will be updated with more information.
- Naga Students’ Federation condemn Athuan Abonmai’s murder
- Nagaland gets first child-friendly court at Wokha
- What’s all the hype around Garena Free Fire Max about?
- Yemeni officials: Clashes over key city kill 130 fighters
- Top Assam Maoist Tingraj Orang surrenders
- Centre extends nationwide COVID-19 containment measures till Oct 31