Imphal: At least 91 persons in Manipur, including 63 personnel of CRPF Training Center in Kangpokpi district and three from Army men from Leimakhong Garrison, have reportedly tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 24 hours.
This is the highest-single day spike of the armed forces testing positive for the virus in the state.
According to additional health director Dr K Sasheekumar Mangang, those personnel who were detected positive for coronavirus recently joined duty after leave.
With this, the total confirmed cases in the state shot up to 1,891 and active cases are 708. Up to 1,182 patients have recovered and already been sent home, said Mangang.
Of the latest cases, 82 are male and nine female and they were tested positive at Virus Research and Diagnostic Laboratories (VRDLs) of RIMS (16) and JNIMS (63), and district hospitals of Tamenglong (3), Thoubal (8) and Ukhrul (1).
The fresh cases are from Kangpokpi (63), Thoubal (12), Kamjong (6), Ukhrul (4), Imphal West (3) and Tamenglong (3). And they are being shifted to COVID-19 Care facilities for further treatment, said Dr Mangang.
Necessary measures like contact tracing and containment process are already in place as precautionary steps to contain from further spread of the virus.
Meanwhile, another 19 persons were discharged from COVID-19 Care Centers (CCC) of Meitram (6), Thoubal (1) and Kamjong (7) and COVID-19 Care Facility of RIMS (3) and JNIMS (2) after they were tested negative on RT PCR test.
The recovery rate in the state has increased to 62.50 per cent.
- Assam: More DNLA cadre come overground after signing accord
- Assam CM to move Gauhati HC for judicial inquiry into Sipajhar violence
- Home-grown artisans showcase creativity at 2nd Nagaland handmade jewellery exhibition
- China declares all cryptocurrency transactions illegal
- RN Ravi paved his own exit: NSCN-IM reminds new interlocutor
- Amazon Great Indian Festival 2021 dates announced. Check details