Guwahati: The 14th Dalai Lama announced a donation from the Dalai Lama Trust towards FLOOD relief and rescue efforts to the Assam government.
The Dalai Lama expressed his sadness at the loss of lives and devastation due to floods in the state.
The Buddhist spiritual leader wrote a letter to the chief minister Sarbananda Sonowal appreciating the relief and rescue efforts by the government and expressed solidarity with the suffering masses.
Assam chief minister Sarbananda Sonowal has expressed his heartfelt thanks to the 14th Dalai Lama for his blessings and gesture of solidarity and support to the flood-and erosion-affected people of the state.
“The monsoon rains in Assam and other parts of India bring destruction and great suffering to people year after year,” he observed.
“Unfortunately, this year the situation has been made even more troublesome by the continuing coronavirus pandemic. I am writing to you today to express my sadness at the loss of life and devastation of property, as well as the tremendous hardship caused to so many due to flooding in many parts of your state,” the letter said.
Announcing a donation from the Dalai Lama Trust towards relief and rescue efforts of Assam government, the letter said, “I appreciate that the state government is doing everything it can to rescue those affected and that relief efforts are underway. As a gesture of solidarity with the people of Assam, I am making a donation from the Dalai Lama Trust towards relief and rescue efforts.”
His Holiness concluded by offering his deep condolences to the chief minister, to families who have lost loved ones and to everyone who has been affected by the flooding.
- Journey of Sensex: From 1,000 to 60,000 in over 31 years
- BJP’s Ratan Chakraborty elected Speaker of Tripura Assembly
- Nagaland Lottery September 24: Check Dear Hooghly Morning lottery result
- Khanapara Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for September 24
- Shiva Thapa eyes fresh record at world championship as ‘the senior one’
- Shillong Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for September 24