Imphal: Amid the political turmoil in Manipur, four ministers left for Delhi to lobby central leaders for changing the chief minister of the state.
According to sources, works minister Th Biswajit Singh, education minister Th Radheshyam Singh, welfare minister Nemcha Kipgen and agriculture minister Hangkhanlian left for the national capital on Friday.
They will be meeting BJP chief JP Nadda and general secretary.
Before leaving for Delhi, the four ministers had also met Governor Najma Heptulla. However, the outcome of the meeting is not yet known.
As per reports, the four ministers along with six other party MLAs held a meeting on Thursday and unanimously decided to press the Centre to replace CM N Biren Singh for poor policies.
- Sikkim logs 40 new COVID-19 cases, 1 fresh fatality
- Fixed-wing flight services to remote towns of Arunachal Pradesh
- PM urges people to ensure no one is left out of vaccination’s ‘circle of safety’
- Sikkim districts to undergo nomenclature change: CM Golay
- How this social entrepreneur is championing love for voiceless animals
- Assam: 5 of 6 accused deny charges of instigating Gorukhuti violence