Guwahati: 892 fresh COVID-19 cases were reported from Assam out of which 598 are from Guwahati alone.
Family Welfare Minister of the state, Himanta Biswa Sarma stated that out of the 598 cases, 184 were from the Guwahati jail. He took to Twitter to state, “Alert ~ 892 new #COVID19 ve+ patients in Assam
Out of these, 598 patients are from Kamrup (Metro), which include 184 from Guwahati Jail
Total cases 20646
Active cases 7039
11:55 PM/July 16/ Day’s total 892”
Moreover, keeping the rate of recovered patients high than that of active patients, a total of 666 patients were discharged yesterday. Also, two COVID-19 positive patients, Bipul Ahmed (50) from Baksa and Upen Ch Sharma (63) from Kamrup (M) succumbed to their infections on Thursday.
Also Read: Tripura: 98 more test positive for COVID-19
Additionally, a total of six lakh (6,01,385) COVID-19 testing have been done in the state.
- Assam: Rounak Ali Hazarika to be grilled in disproportionate asset case
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for October 18
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for October 18
- Mizoram youth disfigures BTS banner, apologises after threat of legal action
- Active COVID-19 cases lowest in 221 days
- Prominent personalities request B’desh PM to act against vandals