Guwahati: A rhino calf that got separated from its mother during the floods in Kaziranga was rescued and taken to safety by the staff of Kaziranga National Park & Tiger Reserve and the officials of the Centre for Wildlife Rehabilitation and Conservation (CWRC).
The official handle of Kaziranga National Park took to Twitter and shared a video of the rescue operation of the baby rhino.
According to their tweet, the calf got separated from its mother during high flood at Agartoli range. The calf was rescued but its mother could not be traced. Later, the rescue officials took the baby rhino back to CWRD rescue centre and its currently under the care of the officials.
Since the time the video was shared on Twitter, it got more than 22,000 views and 842 likes.
Watch the video of the rescue here:
- Bharat Gaurav Deluxe AC Tourist train reaches Guwahati
- Beethoven’s genome map gives clues on his health, death, family
- VCs meet at USTM: Varsities must have global outlook, says Ramnath Kovind
- ‘YOU’ Season 4, Part 2: Crazy, unpredictable & polarising
- In Assam’s Dhemaji, infra growth, erratic rains shift farming practices
- Antisemitism on Twitter has more than doubled since Elon Musk took over