Guwahati: Sitting and working from home is bound to make everyone feel the weekday blues. However, an adorable video of a baby elephant playing with its animal keeper is bound to put a smile on everyone’s faces. It surely did for the netizens that made the video go viral.
The video was first shared from the Twitter handle of “Zoos of Karnataka.” Vedavathi is a rescued baby elephant and is being raised by the animal keeper Somu at the Karnataka’s Mysore Zoo. She was brought to the zoo some two months ago and weighed only 89 kg. But now she weighs a healthy 110 kg.
The Twitter handle shared two videos of Vedavathi and in the first one, she is seen standing and walking next to Somu as he converses with another person. The bonding between the two seemed very special as the baby sticks near Somu and plays with him with her trunk. One can be the judge of that in the video below.
“#Rescuedelephant calf #Vedavathi @Mysore_Zoo under watchful eyes of #Somu, skilled animal keeper, who so far hand reared & successfully raised 5 #Orphaned calves, all have become grown up now, viz; Aishwarya, Kollegala, Madesh,Chamundi. @aranya_kfd, @CZA_Delhi, @AnandSinghBS,” the tweet said.
In the next video, the baby elephant can be seen racing along with her partner Somu and according to the zoo authority, the pair exercises like these almost three times a day.
- Churachandpur residents arrested in Mizoram drug bust
- ‘The Creator’ looks and sounds brilliant but lacks everything else
- Sikkim: Citizen Action Party proposes ‘peace’ with SKM on Gandhi Jayanti
- Interview: Kenny Basumatary’s journey from ‘Local Kung Fu’ to ‘Jawan’
- Police Bust Illegal Cough Syrup Factory in Meghalaya
- Arunachal: ULFA-I cadres surrender to Assam Rifles, weapons handed over