Guwahati: Sitting and working from home is bound to make everyone feel the weekday blues. However, an adorable video of a baby elephant playing with its animal keeper is bound to put a smile on everyone’s faces. It surely did for the netizens that made the video go viral.
The video was first shared from the Twitter handle of “Zoos of Karnataka.” Vedavathi is a rescued baby elephant and is being raised by the animal keeper Somu at the Karnataka’s Mysore Zoo. She was brought to the zoo some two months ago and weighed only 89 kg. But now she weighs a healthy 110 kg.
The Twitter handle shared two videos of Vedavathi and in the first one, she is seen standing and walking next to Somu as he converses with another person. The bonding between the two seemed very special as the baby sticks near Somu and plays with him with her trunk. One can be the judge of that in the video below.
“#Rescuedelephant calf #Vedavathi @Mysore_Zoo under watchful eyes of #Somu, skilled animal keeper, who so far hand reared & successfully raised 5 #Orphaned calves, all have become grown up now, viz; Aishwarya, Kollegala, Madesh,Chamundi. @aranya_kfd, @CZA_Delhi, @AnandSinghBS,” the tweet said.
In the next video, the baby elephant can be seen racing along with her partner Somu and according to the zoo authority, the pair exercises like these almost three times a day.
- US: ‘Unwavering commitment’ to India as Major defence partner
- Over 82.57 cr COVID vaccine doses given to states, UTs so far: Govt
- World Pharmacist Day: Know why it is celebrated, theme for this year
- COVID-19 recoveries continue to surpass fresh cases in Arunachal
- Women’s rights activist Kamla Bhasin passes away at 75
- Nagaland Lottery September 25: Check Dear Kosai Morning lottery result