Agartala: Tripura on Wednesday registered its third COVID-19 related death after a 38-year-old man admitted in Agartala Government Medical College (AGMC) succumbed to the virus, said Nodal officer Dr Deep Kumar Debbarma.
Speaking with EastMojo, Debbarma said that the male 38-year-old was admitted on Tuesday in a critical condition. He was suffering from breathing problems and had symptoms for COVID-19. His sample was tested, and while undergoing treatment, he succumbed to the virus.
This is the second COVID-19 related death within a week—both the deceased persons hailed from Khowai district of Tripura.
Tripura registered its first COVID-19 death on June 9 and second on July 11. Both of them were male patients and 42-year-old and 72-year-old admitted in Gobind Ballabh Pant Hospital.
Meanwhile, with 98 more positive cases, the states tally stands at 2,282, with, discharge of 66 more persons the active cases stands at 667 so far.
Presently, 194 persons are in facility quarantined and 4,766 in home quarantine.
Tripura has collected 91,386 samples out of which 90,388 samples including 2633 antigen tests have been tested. The positivity rate stands at 2.42 percent and the test per million rate at 22,611 samples per million, while the recovery rate stands at 73.82 percent and mortality rate stands at 0.09 percent.
- Vishwakarma Puja 2021: Wishes, greetings and significance
- Vishwakarma Puja: Ancient marvels designed by the divine architect
- Assam: Biswanath girl, in shorts, made to wrap curtain to sit for exam
- Not an inch should be given to Assam: Meghalaya Opposition
- Dhoni part of 15-member defence ministry panel on NCC
- Mizo RS member K. Vanlalvena tests positive for COVID-19