GUWAHATI: Top-level bureaucrats of Assam have reportedly tested positive for COVID-19 during in the last couple of days.
According to reports SS Meenakshi Sundaram, commissioner and secretary (Industries department); PR Khaund, secretary (Industries department/Transport), Oinam Saran Singh, managing director, AIDC and Isan Bardalai, additional secretary (Industries) have tested positive. SS Meenakshi Sundaram is also the commissioner & secretary to the Governor.
Apart from them, Rajibuddin Ahmed, PS to principal secretary, CM secretariat, has also been reportedly tested positive.
Altogether 45 staff and security personnel in Raj Bhavan have also been reportedly tested positive. The Raj Bhavan complex had also been declared as containment zone following the detection of COVID-19 positive among some of its office employees.
Sources close to Raj Bhavan inform here said that a COVID-19 fresh testing drive was launched at Raj Bhavan on Wednesday. Out of the 72 rapid antigen detection tests conducted, one positive case was detected.
The Janata Bhawan here has been completely sanitized while entry of visitors has been totally prohibited.
- Minor earthquake jolts Arunchal Pradesh
- Charanjit Singh Channi to be next CM of Punjab
- Biden pitching partnership after tough stretch with allies
- Young Indians are highly vulnerable to cardiac ailments: Here’s why
- Witnesses say explosion targets Taliban, 2nd in as many days
- Assam: This social entrepreneur duo is building communities with tea and art