Kohima: Fourteen new cases of COVID-19 were detected in Nagaland on Thursday, taking the state’s tally of confirmed cases to 916. Out of the 14 new cases, 12 are from Dimapur and two are from Kohima.
Minister of health and family welfare S Pangnyu Phom informed that the new cases of COVID-19 were detected out of 286 samples that were sent for testing.
Another 43 patients recovered from COVID-19 on Thursday. All of them are from Peren district. They will be kept under strict surveillance, informed the minister.
As on Thursday, the total number of confirmed COVID-19 spiked to 916. With the 43 new recovered cases, the total number of recovered cases increased to 391 from 348 on Wednesday. The current number of active cases stands at 525.
Phom tweeted: “Update! Out of 286 samples tested, 14 positive cases of COVID-19 have been confirmed. 12 in Dimapur & 2 in Kohima.
And 43 COVID-19 patient from Peren have been recovered. However, the recovered patients will be kept under strict surveillance.”
- Centre to appoint CS with working knowledge of Mizo language: Zoramthanga
- Repeal AFSPA, deliver justice: Kohima residents take to streets
- AFSPA misused, should be repealed: Arunachal Congress MLA Ering
- India talks ‘unprovoked’ aggression by China along border at ‘2+2’ with Russia
- Teaser of Puneeth Rajkumar’s dream project ‘Gandhada Gudi’ released
- Hateful posts: Kangana seeks time to appear before Delhi Assembly panel