Imphal: Rampant party-switching continues in Manipur with three more Congress leaders, including former deputy Speaker MK Preshow Shimray of Chingai constituency, joining the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Wednesday.
The other three include former United Naga Council (UNC) president Gaidon Kamei of Nungba constituency, former Congress MLA and member of Manipur Pradesh Congress Committee (MPCC) Jamhemlung Pamei of Tamenglong and Ngursanglur, the former MLA of Tipaimukh.
According to chief minister N Biren Singh, a group of councillors of Sugnu Municipal Council also joined BJP in a simple reception programme held for the new party members at CM’s secretariat in Imphal.
Also Read: Manipur Cong demands CM to resign under moral grounds over drug case
The newly inducted party members were accorded warm welcomed by CM Biren Singh and state BJP president S Tikendrajit along with other party workers.
Earlier, nine MLAs, including three BJP and four National People’s Party (NPP) members, had resigned from the party and withdrew support to BJP-led coalition state government while accusing CM Biren Singh for running the state affairs in autocratic manner.
However, later the four NPP MLAs, an ally to the N Biren Singh-led government revoked their decision and renewed their support to the present government in Manipur.
Also Read: Manipur BJP govt stable as NPP decides to continue support
- Stringent action if anyone found guilty for train accident: PM Modi
- India matching up to China’s infra capabilities on LAC: DG BRO
- Meghalaya: CM meets Garo Hills NGOs over roster system
- Shillong, Tura residents take steps to clean cities as part of World Env. Day
- Dev. not at cost of environment: Arunachal Forest minister
- Can stories of kindness negate the negative effects of looking at bad news?