Imphal: A total of 64 fresh cases, all returnees except one volunteer from ITI quarantine centre at Lilong in Thoubal district, have tested positive for COVID-19 in Manipur in the last 24 hours.
With this, the total confirmed cases have soared to 1,764, of which 635 are active and 1,129 persons have recovered till date.
The persons diagnosed with the virus include 45 male and 19 female and they were tested positive at Virus Research and Diagnostic Laboratory (VRDL) of RIMS (48) and JNIMS (16), said additional health director Dr K Sasheekumar Mangang.
Among the latest fresh cases, 33 persons are from Imphal West, 11 from Senapati, nine from Ukhrul, five from Churachandpur, three from Tamenglong and one each from Kakching, Kamjong and Thoubal districts.
They are being shifted to COVID-19 Care Facilities for further observation and necessary steps for contact tracing and containment process are already in place, said Dr Mangang.
Meanwhile, the recovery rate has increased to 64 per cent with 49 more persons getting discharged from COVID-19 Care Center (CCC) of Meitram (18), Senapati (8), Tamenglong (9), Ukhrul (12) and COVID-19 Care Facility of JNIMS (2) after they tested negative on RT PCR test.
- Elderly couple found murdered in Guwahati home
- Has NASA discovered the first exoplanet outside Milky Way?
- Assam COVID-19 SOP: Curfew timings revised
- Mamata unhappy over delay in disbursement of student credit cards
- Nagaland Lottery October 26: Check Dear Teesta Morning lottery result
- National Film Awards: Sikkim is India’s ‘Most Film Friendly State’