Imphal: The total recovery rate in Manipur is 63.52 per cent with 60 more persons recovered and being discharged from COVID-19 Care Centers on Wednesday evening, said additional health director Dr K Sasheekumar Mangang.
They were discharged from COVID-19 Care Center (CCC) of Meitram (24), RD Wing Medical Directorate (7), Bishnupur (7), Senapati (4), Ukhrul (7) and COVID-19 Care Facilities of RIMS (10) and JNIMS (1) after tested negative on RT PCR test.
The cumulative number of positive cases in Manipur is 1,700, with 620 active and 1,080 recovered cases.
Meanwhile, 28 persons, including nine women, were tested positive for COVID-19 at Virus Research and Diagnostic Laboratory (VRDL) of RIMS (27) and SDH laboratory of Jiribam (1).
Among the 28 fresh cases, four persons are locals with no travel history, including one security guard and a volunteer from Thoubal district and the remaining cases are returnees from other states, said Dr Mangang.
As per the official, the four cases from Thoubal have a history of exposure to known local high risk cases; however, there is no evidence of community transmission going on in the district.
In total, there were 11 fresh cases from Thoubal, 10 from Imphal West, four more from Kamjong and one each case from Jiribam, Kakching and Tamenglong districts.
They are being shifted to COVID-19 Care Facilities for further observation and necessary steps for contact tracing and containment process are already in place.
- Assam NCC cadet clears SSB, to join IAF as flying officer
- Are you wearing the right mask to prevent contracting Covid-19?
- Manipur tribal leader’s murder: Video shows abduction in police presence; 14 cops suspended
- Arunachal: Single-day recoveries outnumber fresh COVID-19 cases
- BTS and Coldplay release highly-anticipated track ‘My Universe’
- Tripura: Two BSF jawans killed, one injured following scuffle