Guwahati: The Gauhati High Court granted bail to peasant leader and leading RTI activist Akhil Gogoi in three cases pending against him on Thursday.
Gogoi, who is in Guwahati Central Jail, and will continue to be at the Gauhati Medical College and Hospital (GMCH) due to the COVID-19 as two cases under the National Investigation Agency (NIA) are still pending against him.
The high court bench of Justice Manash Ranjan Pathak granted him the bail in three cases pending against him at the Chabua police station.
The cases pending against the Krishak Mukti Sangram Samiti (KMSS) leader at Chabua police station, in which he got the bail, were 293/2019, 296/2019 and 307/2019.
The two other cases, in which Gogoi is yet to get bail, are NIA case No 13/19 and case No 1/20. Both the cases are pending at Chabua police station.
The NIA court will hear arguments in both the cases on July 21.
Meanwhile, the condition of Gogoi, who is getting treatment at the GMCH for testing COVID-19 positive, is reported to be stable.
- US urges NKorea to stop missile tests and return to talks
- India’s 1st indigenous aircraft carrier begins 2nd phase sea trials
- Assam: First-ever dog cemetery commissioned in Sonapur
- Witness says NCB official demanded Rs 25 cr from Shah Rukh Khan to release son
- Process of sanctioning new China border battalions for ITBP in final stage: Rai
- NIT Sikkim’s permanent campus to be ready in 3 years: minister