Diphu: A senior medical officer of Diphu Medical College and Hospital (DMCH) was arrested in Diphu in Assam’s Karbi Anglong district on Tuesday evening under the charges of molesting a woman patient.
It has been alleged that the accused —Dr SK Das, an ENT specialist — molested the woman at his private chamber in Diphu town.
Based on the complaint made by the victim’s family members against the doctor, the Diphu Police have arrested Das from his Anjali Medical Chamber. A case has been registered against him at the Diphu police station.
The matter came to the light when the victim narrated about the whole story to newsmen on Tuesday evening.
The victim alleged that she went for check-up at the private medical chamber locates near Vishal Mart in Diphu on July 3, and the doctor asked her to undergo an ultrasound and to bring back the report.
Three days later, the victim visited the chamber to show the ultrasound report. While in the chamber, the doctor allegedly molested the woman on numerous occasions.
- Nagaland Lottery September 18: Check Dear Kosai Morning lottery result
- World Bamboo Day: Assam and its bond with this versatile plant
- US court sets aside proposed Trump-era rule on H-1B visa selection
- Assam: Two militants of newly formed outfit killed in Kokrajhar
- Achieved all, never overstay welcome: Shastri gears up for end of tenure
- RN Ravi sworn-in as Governor of Tamil Nadu