New Delhi: BJP national general secretary Ram Madhav and Union minister of state for DoNER Dr Jitendra Singh have gone into self-quarantine after Jammu and Kashmir’s BJP president and former MLA, Ravinder Raina, tested positive for COVID-19 on Tuesday.
According to reports, Raina had gone to Kashmir following the killing of a senior BJP leader Wasim Bari, his father and younger brother by militants last week. He accompanied Union minister Singh and Ram Madhav with party’s J&K incharge and sitting MP Avinash Rai Khanna to the residence of deceased party leader to offer condolences.
Informing about the quarantine, Madhav tweeted, “Am quarantining myself for a few days since my colleague n BJP J&K President Ravinder Raina tested +ve for Corona today n I was with him 48 hrs ago in Srinagar. I tested -ve for Corona 4 times during travel in last 2 weeks. Yet taking precautions to ensure safety of me n others”
Meanwhile, Dr Singh said that he has gone under quarantine from 4 pm today. He tweeted, “Have gone into Self-Quarantine with immediate effect from 4 PM today, after receiving the news about #Corona positive test of J&K BJP President Sh Ravinder Raina who had accompanied us from Srinagar to Bandipora on 12th July.”
Also Read: Meghalaya govt not to extend lockdown in Shillong agglomeration
- Centralised board to recruit college teachers in Assam: Minister
- Lie detectors: body language tells little about honesty
- Does Anubhav Sinha’s ‘Bheed’ fail to show true tragedy of the pandemic?
- ICMR study to assess connection between heart attack deaths, Covid
- Meghalaya Cong MP writes to PM to build women’s markets
- EU removes Pakistan from list of ‘High-Risk Third Countries’