Imphal: Another 46 returnees in Manipur were detected with COVID-19 on Tuesday, taking the total number of cases to 1,672.
Also, the cumulative numbers for active and recovered cases are now 652 and 1,020 in the state.
The 46 patients, which include 33 male and 13 female, were tested positive at Virus Research and Diagnostic Laboratories of RIMS (30) and JNIMS (12) hospitals in Imphal and SDH laboratory in Jiribam (4) in the last 24 hours, said additional health director Dr K Sasheekumar Mangang.
Those returnees tested COVID-19 positive are from Tamenglong with 11 cases, 10 from Ukhrul, six from Imphal West, five from Kangpokpi, four each from Imphal East and Jiribam and three each from Thoubal and Churachandpur districts.
They have been shifted to COVID-19 care facilities and centres for further observation, said Dr Mangang.
Meanwhile, the recovery rate has increased to 61 per cent with 50 more COVID-19 patients getting discharged and sent home in the last 24 hours.
So far, Manipur has not recorded any COVID-19 related death and recovered cases continues to surpass the active ones.
- Minor earthquake jolts Arunchal Pradesh
- Charanjit Singh Channi to be next CM of Punjab
- Biden pitching partnership after tough stretch with allies
- Young Indians are highly vulnerable to cardiac ailments: Here’s why
- Witnesses say explosion targets Taliban, 2nd in as many days
- Assam: This social entrepreneur duo is building communities with tea and art