Guwahati: After shining at the reality TV competition Indian Idol Junior, Assam singer Nahid Afrin is creating waves in her academic life too.
Afrin scored a total of 96.4% in the Class XII board exams conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), the results of which were declared on Sunday.
Afrin appeared for the examinations from Army Public School in Narengi, Guwahati. The exams were scheduled to take place between February 15 and March 30 had to be halted due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Moreover, because the tests of all the papers were incomplete, the CBSE decided not to release the merit list or the names of the toppers. They, however, stated that 38,686 students have scored 95% and above.
Afrin is known for her singing along with her academic prowess for she was able to score a percentage of 91.5 in her Class X exams as well. She aims to be a successful doctor in future.
After her stupendous performance, wishes have been pouring in for the singer, many from the music fraternity as well.
As many as 12,06,893 appeared for the 2020 CBSE Class XII exams, out of which 11,92,961 were successful — a pass percentage of 88.78%. Additionally, the pass percentage for girls is higher than that of boys this year too. Girls stood at 92.15% while boys were at 86.19%. The pass percentage of transgender students is 66.67%.
- Mizoram: 40,000 kg Areca nuts worth Rs 1.56 crore recovered
- BJP workers attacking Raijor Dal workers: Akhil Gogoi
- Vincent Pala’s statement on jhum cultivation not based on facts: NESFAS
- Denmark Open: PV Sindhu loses in quarters
- Bar Himanta from by-poll campaign: Cong leader writes to poll panel
- Vaccination drive a success because of you all: Arunachal CM to healthcare workers