Guwahati: Assam recorded six COVID-19 fatalities on Tuesday, taking the death toll related to the highly contagious virus to 46.
According to the Death Audit Board, the underlying cause of the deaths was COVID-19, therefore these will be counted as a part of COVID-19 deaths.
Announcing the news of the demise, state health minister Dr Himanta Biswa Sarma tweeted, “We lost Ms Sneha Mall (36), Sri Litu Kumar Bora (37), Sri Sarat Ch Saharia (60), Sri Upendra Nath (62), Sri Pramod Ranjan Saha (73) & Sri Subhakaran Dudheria (73) today. They succumbed to #COVID19 as per Death Audit Board report.
My prayers, and condolences to the families.”
Also, 757 COVID-19 patients have been discharged today. With this, Assam’s total count stands at 17,807 with 12,173 discharged, 5,585 active, 46 deaths and 3 migrated to other states.
- Dalai Lama greets PM Modi on his birthday
- India hands over newly-constructed school building to Nepal
- Assam reports 468 new COVID-19 cases, four more deaths
- Mizoram: 1,121 test COVID-19 positive, infection rate at 14.35%
- COVID-19 may infect a higher proportion of pregnant women: ICMR study
- Security forces apprehend one militant in Manipur