Itanagar: A bureaucrat, GS Meena, serving in Arunachal Pradesh, who also was a member of the Arunachal Pradesh State Selection Board’s (APSSB) and is allegedly involved in a examination scam, has been transferred to Delhi.
Meena, along with APSSB chairman AC Verma, secretary-cum-controller of examination SK Jain, and undersecretary Kapter Ringu were making headlines for the infamous job scam earlier this year.
A letter from the Union ministry of home affairs to the chief secretary of Arunachal Pradesh has Meena’s name on it along with seven others from different states of the country for transfer.
The alleged job scam in which the IAA officer is said to be involved is still with Special Investigation Cell (SIC) for investigation. There were allegations of corruption in the examination for lower divisional clerk (LDC) and junior secretariat assistant (JSA) conducted by APSSB.
About 30,000 candidates appeared for the examination at 80 different centres across the state on February 2 this year.
The results were declared on February 14 and a blank answer sheet with the roll number 2025546 was seen making rounds on social media on February 15 which created uproar among candidates.
- 16-yr-old Dalit girl abducted, raped in Uttar Pradesh
- Sikkim clears mandatory COVID-19 checking at border points
- Centre to set up steel stockyard in Tripura SEZ: Minister
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for September 25
- Assam cabinet approves Rs 209 cr to streamline revenue administration
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for September 25