Kohima: The Assam Rifles and Nagaland Police in a joint operation seized areca nuts worth over Rs 1 crore in 5th Mile at Dimapur. Sanwarmal Chaudhary (36), a resident of Bhimsar, Churu Dist, Rajasthan and Om PrakashTholiya (38), a resident of Khardoya, Nagore district of Rajasthan were apprehended. 430 bags of contraband (areca nut)..
The apprehended individuals and seized contraband were handed over to Superintendent of Anti Smuggling Customs Prevention Division in Dimapur.
In another joint operation on the same day, the Nagaland Police and the Assam Rifles (AR) recovered 4.25 kg of marijuana worth Rs 35,000 and Rs 28,240 in cash while carrying out a search operation in Peren District.
An official update from PRO IGAR(N) Lt Col Vincent Patton said that as part of the ongoing crackdown to prevent illegal activity.
The Assam Rifles and the Nagaland police launched the operation in general area Stadium Colony at Jalukie Town based on specific intelligence regarding consignment of contraband.
Two persons were arrested, they were identified as Ngialung (45), a resident of Stadium Colony at Jalukie Town and Aron (31), a resident of Samzuiram village, both of whom are from Peren district.
The recovered items were handed to the Jalukie Police station along with the apprehended persons.
- Nagaland reports 17 new COVID-19 cases, tally rises to 30,780
- Pentagon reverses itself, calls deadly Kabul strike an error
- Manipur: Court to pass final order in Pravish Chanam case on 30 Sept
- Wildest Dreams: Surprised Swifties react to new Taylor version of song
- The Wet Ones: A love it or hate it movie with nightmarish dolls
- SpaceX: Maverick talks to space cruisers Rook, Nova, Hanks and Leo